Years of continuous research in infrared sensing technology led to the development of a state of the art thermopile sensor that features 64 thermopile elements in an 8 x 8 grid format.
Grid-EYE, based on Panasonic’s MEMS technology, can measure temperature of the entire specified area without any contact; in other words, it is a “contact-less thermopile array sensor”. 64 pixels yield accurate temperature measurement over a viewing angle of 60 degrees provided by silicon lens. Grid-EYE uses I2C communication interface, enabling temperature measurements at speeds of 1 or 10 frames/sec. An interrupt function is also available.
- Dimensions: 11.6 x 4.3 x 8.0mm (L x H x W)
- Operating voltage: 3.3V or 5.0V (depends on P/N)
- Temperature range of measuring object: -20 degreesC to 100 degressC (depends on P/N)
- Field of view (FoV): 60 degrees
- Number of pixels: 64 (vertical 8 x horizontal 8)
- External interface: I2C (fast mode)
- Frame rate: 10 frames/s or 1 frame/s
Compared to single element thermopile sensors or pyroelectric sensors, Grid-EYE offers imense benefits and can be used in a host of applications. Ranging from energy savings in the lighting industry (commercial and public places as well as residential spaces) to household applications (air conditioners, microwave ovens, etc); from security systems (automatic doors, elevators, ATMs, kiosks, etc) to the medical industry (patient detection and positioning) and many more.
For more information or to place an order, please contact the Diamond sales team on 01477 505200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org